Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nira's Entry: Learning from Both Parents

Here's an entry from Cristina Nira A. Macaspac:

When I was in college I often hear my mom say “Anak, mag aral ka mabuti para makahanap ka ng magandang trabaho.” My dad however would tell me, “ Anak study hard, learn and get experience from a job, take it as part of your learning process so you can build your own business and study investments.” How can my parents have different opinion on career and money, one have the Employee Mindset and the other a Business Owner’s Mindset. At first I really did not pay much attention to what they said. I was just trying to survive in school. Anyway, my parents were separated after I graduated in Elementary but that’s another story.

After I finished college, I listened to mom, since I thought finding a safe secure job was easier to do. I became a Banker and then I was offered a greater job at a stable financing firm. I’ve become what mom wanted me to be, but I noticed, as an employee especially here in the Philippines, there’s really little left for savings. Considering I was still single that time, no children nor siblings to support. Ive got my salary all for my self. I was lucky because, I was living with mom, the food and house were free. I realized what if I decided to live alone. My salary wouldn’t be enough to pay for rent, utilities and food and nothing will be left in my savings account.

Click here to read the full article

No comments:

Post a Comment