Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Malou's Entry: The Promised Land

Here's an entry from Malou Coronacion Flores:

I was on my way down to Manila from Baguio last week for a business meeting and I decided to make good use of my travel time by listening to Bo Sanchez's "Define your Wealth." In it, he was talking about being good goal setters, yes, we learned all about how to set goals, and that God has given us the power to change whatever it is we want to change in our lives. Amen!! I so believe that, God has given me the power to change my financial life. But I have been setting goals since...since when....6 years ago? or 10 years ago? It seems like forever....forever, when I first heard God tell me that I will be in the 'promised land'....that promised land of "prosperous plantations where there are showers of blessings" (Ezekiel 24), that 'promised land' of amazing abundance. But until now, I have been wandering...and wondering...where is that promised land? When will I ever arrive?

I have always been hardworking (I have to be, being a single parent of 3 children, I cannot afford not to be hardworking), so my God cannot fault me for that. I invest in my financial education, I have a vehicle to use to go to that promised land( I really believe that the insurance company I work for now is a very good vehicle for me to fulfill my dreams). Then why??? Why is it that until now, I am still searching for my promised land? Is it because I haven't learned the lessons that my God wants me to learn? You see, I wasn't always like this. I grew up in a comfortably rich family, my dad was an executive in one of the country's biggest bank. When I was 24, I married into a rich family (it just so happened:). I had a job teaching Philosophy, not because I needed to work, but my reason was for my self development. But when "the separation" with my husband happened, that's when my 'desert experience' began. Desert experience because there is poverty, there is wanting. At the beginning, since this is a new experience for me, I prayed that I will learn whatever I can from this experience, "nanamnamin ko" were my exact words, until such time that I get out from this desert. But it has been 10 years, since I started my journey to the promised land, when will I arrive there? Or will I ever?

Click here to read the entire post

No comments:

Post a Comment