Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jeannette's Entry: Bankrupt at 55, Successful at 65

Here's an entry from Jeannette Rosales:

He just turned 67 last October 30. How grateful I was on that day, and been thanking God the whole day for another birthday celebration we're giving for my Dad, who is still strong and healthy for his age. Yes, sometimes he has some bouts of his allergies but through God's grace he 's able to manage it and still is motivated, inspired and focused to work in the wee hours of the night, until even the sun shines on his ever proud forehead.

The Passion
You're probably guessing what does he do. No, he's neither a security guard, nor a call center agent to be working that late. It's his own business he's working for. I remember when he told me 5 years ago, " I'll never stop working to the last of my breath". However, knowing he's on his sixty's, I would rather like to see him resting and enjoying the prime of his life than still working late in the night....and my mom told me then," your father's passion is work, so just understand."

It is only when I've read "8 Secrets of the Truly Rich" and some more books of Bo Sanchez http://www.bosanchez.ph/ , that I've totally understood about my Dad's passion . His passion to work, to pursue his dream and to become successful once again.With that understanding about my Dad , within me also blossomed a deep admiration to him that he was able to get up and walk again from the fall of bankruptcy in our bakery business which had been our bread and butter for years while the eight of us , their children were heading up to school everyday. Some of us now have our own family life and we have finished our schooling through all the efforts of my Dad, together with my Mom.

Click here to read the entire post

No comments:

Post a Comment